As I slowly work my way through, looking back in retrospect on each of these letters in the Alphabet Swap project, I'm reminded of the myriad of related ideas + projects + inspirations that spun out of the process of making each letter. I recall the research and the subsequently collected 'pins', and after an evening of re-visiting my Pinterest boards, I had a thought that I could gather together a small selection of super-inspiring ideas that I've since dubbed "Nine for next time".
So here are a few lead-on projects that I'd like to try my hand at, following on from making the origami-laden Letter O:
1. gemstone-folding template
2. paper gemstones in metallic tones
3. a mobile of suspended paper gemstones (I'm thinking of a spiral-hung mobile for The White Room)
4. folded tetrahedron (?) paper packets (great for gift-wrapping with a difference)
5. paper rosettes (good chance to use that book I bought, 'Rosette Art'
6. crinkle fans, just for fun
7. found-paper envelopes, always great to have these on hand for letterwriting
8. paper boats (or at least some groovy looking sails for tiny walnut-shell boats)
9. origami dresses - the one I'm most inspired to try next. I'm really excited about this one - I have just the project in mind!
Ahhh Pinterest, an absolute gold-mine of inspiration! How grateful I am for you in my life ;)
And if you'd like to follow the links of these project ideas (or scroll through many more), these Next Nine can be found on my Pinterest board Papercraftiness.